Sunday, January 29, 2012

Why I cried today...

My best friend (and this baby's mom) Ann did her first half marathon today! I met her at the finish line, and then she showed me what she'd worn on her back for the race.

Photobucket

Photobucket
(Thanks to Ann for providing the close-up shot of the sign.)

So, yeah, I cried. And then later I kept looking at it and thinking about it and getting tears in my eyes again. It totally made my day!

Ann's blog post about the race is WONDERFUL. She explains why she did it for me, and how she considered those 13.1 miles to be her version of "labor and delivery." You've got to read it, here.

GREAT JOB, Ann!! I'm so proud of you!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

That is so awesome! Way to go Ann!

SurvivorBlessing said...

I REALLY appreciated that you came out and waited for me at the finish line. It was a big draw to make it there. And I was happy to get the word out about an amazing woman of God and best friend - because you are doing something outstanding. Thank you so much.

Amanda said...

Great job Ann! What a beautiful friendship you two have.

Call Me Cate said...

Just read Ann's post. What a beautiful experience! I'm so glad you were able to meet her at the finish line so the three of you could celebrate together (I'm sure baby was cheering too!)

Anonymous said...

Awesome, where did she place?

Steph said...

That's great! A half-marathon definitely has similarities with a delivery. You and your friend Ann are awesome.
I just stopped by your blog to see how things were going. I will be waiting for you on DailyMiles and BRS when you start walking or running again.
--Sloutre