Thursday, November 10, 2011

Isn't my kid so cute and amazing?!

I just thought I'd go ahead and give the post that title--because let's be honest, that's what mommy brag posts should be titled, right? (The alternate title could be "Please don't be TOO annoyed as I post photos that I find incredibly cute because I'm incredibly biased.)

But, hey, I do think Chickie is cute and amazing, and my biased heart loves this little book she made, on her own, at home the other day.

Title Page
Photobucket
I like, by Chickie

Page 1
Photobucket
I like eating

Page 2
Photobucket
I like looking

Page 3
Photobucket
I like playing

The phonetic spelling, the sappy-sweet smiley faces, the tails on her D'Nealian letters.... Only one thing I can say about that...

I like Chickie!

6 comments:

SurvivorBlessing said...

I LOVE her spelleen!!!

And she is such a good drawer! I was watcheen her the other night and it's amazing.

Coqui loves to make story books these days, but he has me do all the spelling (not his favorite subject).

I LIKE CHICKIE Too.

Call Me Cate said...

Her lettering is making me envious of Chickie. Can I rent her to letter my holiday cards? I'll provide her with the spelling.

I don't know how her work compares to other kids her age, but I am VERY impressed with how it compares to her own previous works. Much progress!

Melinda (Sew-Lin) said...

That is so very cute! She draws happy clouds and that makes me smile!

Mellodee said...

She's five, right?? And she's spelling phonetically? Chickie is a pretty smart cookie!

The art doesn't surprise me. I probably will always remember the photo you posted of Chickie, her easel and paints and her artistic nature....of course, I hope she figures out that it's the models who are nude, NOT the artist! That could be a problem in First Grade!!! :)

She's such a cutie!

Joanne said...

That was adorable!

forever folding laundry said...

I love it!!
She's one smart cookie.
And I love the cloud with the smiley face!

Some of my favorite notes the boys have written me have the sweetest phonetic spelling. :)

-keri