Saturday, December 4, 2010

Six Word Saturday!

It's that time again...Six Word Saturday! To find out more about 6WS and to participate, check out Call Me Cate's sixtacular blog by clicking the button below.



My words:

"Good luck," NOT "Break a leg"!

My college degree is in theatre, and so I'm in the habit of saying "Break a leg" (since "Good luck" is considered bad luck in the theatre.) But I have to stop myself when I want to say "Break a leg" to a fellow runner...because it's not exactly encouraging in that instance!

Today I'm off to Dallas for tomorrow's half marathon...my first. Feel free to wish me luck...including no broken legs! And if you're the praying sort, that's even more appreciated.

By the way, thank you all so much for your words of advice on yesterday's discipline post. I'm sorry I didn't respond individually, but I appreciated all the good ideas (and there were a lot of good ideas!) They are rolling around in my head now, and I think having more options is going to be so helpful to me. You guys rock!

4 comments:

Call Me Cate said...

Good luck, Beth! I always tell Joe - run fast, run safe, and run fun. Can't wait to hear all about it!

caryn said...

"Good Luck" tomorrow! I'm sure you'll do great!

Caryn
Twitter: caryn2547

Mellodee said...

Hmmm, I see the problem. You could always go the dancers' route and say "merde", but a lot of folks would probably be put off by that! I guess good luck is your best bet!

The Clines said...

I'm reading this on Sunday evening, so my "Good Luck" is belated, but I hope the race went well!