Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Yankee Poodle

Chickie was singing "Yankee Doodle" today, at times making up her own lyrics. Then I decided to get in on the fun.

It's probably terribly hypocritical of me to teach my kids this song when I'm always telling them, "No potty talk!" But their giggles made it all worth it...and at dinnertime I laid down the law and told them this isn't a song to be sung at the table!

Here it is:

Yankee Poodle
by C. Beth, with regrets to whatever 18th-century lyricist wrote the original

Yankee Poodle is a dog
With lots of curly hair
When he tries to eat the trash,
We say, "Get out of there!"

Yankee Poodle is a dog,
And he is really naughty--
After he eats all the trash,
He drinks out of the potty.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Very cute! The last line is my favorite.