Then yesterday we found out we need an expensive repair to our home air conditioner.
I'll be honest, I've been pretty whiny lately. (Sorry, Twitter friends!) So in an effort to change my attitude, here are the silver linings to the clouds in our home right now:
- The part we need for the A/C is under warranty, so we are only paying for labor. If we'd had to pay for the part, our cost would have doubled.
- We have the luxury of having an air conditioner (when most people who live in the world's warmer climates don't.) And we have the ability to pay to keep it running.
- I've gotten extra cuddle time with the kids while we've been sick.
- A lot of my illness was over the long weekend, so The Engineer was able to take care of the kids...and if I need him to, he can still take some time off.
- Ibuprofen rocks--after taking it today, I'm feeling much better and probably won't have to ask The Engineer to come home early.
- Our illness hasn't involved any upset tummies. Thank goodness!
- The Engineer has stayed healthy. (Praying that continues!)
- After a very busy week last week, being under the weather has given me a very good reason to rest.